Thursday, April 19, 2012

Watercoloured Baby Card .......


Hi Everyone!

Today's card is a combination of three challenges.

The Paper Players - CAS & watercolouring -


Feeling Sketchy - Sketch Challenge -


Paper Lovin' Gals - Inspiration Challenge-




Instead of going for the obvious banners from the inspiration photo, I decided to go with the pink floral pattern for the background and I took the green for my ribbon. (Unfortunately due to an emergency trip to the ER via ambulance with my 3 yr old son, I missed the cut off for the Paper Lovin' Gals. My son is a lot better now :) )

I've watercoloured the Elements of Style flowers and the New Little Someone with my Stampin' Write marker and a blender pen on watercolour paper.

I paired it all up on this week's fantastic sketch over at Feeling Sketchy to make a cute baby girl card for my stash.

I love reading your comments! If you have any question, please don't hesitate to ask!

8 lovely comments:

Ultimate Whirligig said...

Sandra this is such a sweet baby card. I love the rich colours and the sweet flower paper. I hope your little fella is ok, those emergency dashes are not much fun.
Thanks for joining in with the fun again at Feeling Sketchy.
Michelle (whirligig)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

L-O-V-E your new blog look! Soooo sweet! And ... the card is even sweeter! I am so sad that I actually sold this set! I have missed it. Always a fav set of mine! Hugs xxx

Jess S said...

Lovely! I think that bunny is the cutest! Well done combining the challenges :) I hope your little one is ok!
Thanks for playing at Feeling Sketchy again this week :)

Ann Schach said...

Sandra, I am so happy that your son is feeling better! Your card is absolutely adorable! I LOVE the colors you selected...so rich and warm! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Kerry Parkinson said...

Sandra this is so cute! Every time I see that adorable bunny I regret not buying it when it was available! Hope your little one continues to improve - I know what those ambulance dashes with kids are like all too well. Thank goodness us mums can take it!

Lesley said...

Hi Sandra,
Your bunny is perfect! Love the watercoloured roses in the background. Sorry that you son was unwell, glad to hear he is ok!
Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.
Lesley

jaydee said...

Sandra, firstly, I am so glad that your son is doing better. How alarming to be rushing him off to the ER. I am so glad that you shared this lovely beary-card with us. I love it!
Hugs
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh my goodness, Sandra! I am so glad o hear that your little guy is doing ok. Your card is beautiful! Love that sweet bunny and how you used the Elements of Style stamp to create a gorgeous background. So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players! Hugs! :)